Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Eid Special- Sewaiyan Recipe

One of the best thing about my country; 100 festivals and 100 reasons to celebrate every year. Although, Eid is not a festival of my religion, there is no harm inviting some happy moments by celebrating it in some way :) Making Sewainya on Eid was my way of celebrating Eid.


Believe you me, making sewaiyan is a child's play. I was just worried about the amount of sugar we would consume while savoring sewainya. Sugar free tablets solved my problem . So here's how I prepared my sugar free sewainya........
  • I took half bowl of thin vermicilli, three glasses of milk, 10-15 tablets of sugar free, few saffron strands and lots of dry fruits.
  • To do away with the raw smell of vermicilli, the first step was to fry it in a spoonful clarified butter. Just for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
  • In the next step, I poured the entire amount of milk in the wok where I had fried vermicilli and let the vermicilli boil in milk till milk thickens and only 10 percent liquid milk is left.
  • Then added sugar free (if you don't have health woes like me, you may use sugar) and kept stirring. After adding sugar, keep stirring Sewainyan else it will catch the bottom of the pan and burn.
  • Then finally switched off the gas. The right time is when you can see a little liquid milk still left. It dries up further after cooling.
  • Now garnish with lots of pista, kaju, kismis, badam and a few saffron strands
  • Relish your Sewainya hot or frozen. Since I had a soar throat, I had it warm.
Try for yourself :) EID MUBARAK!!


2 comments: